As companies continue to enhance their efforts towards creating a more diversified and inclusive workplace, they must address the needs of employees of all abilities. SHIFT’s online training course was built with the goal in mind of building inclusive work environments where employees of all abilities are made to feel included, supported, and comfortable to be their authentic selves. We utilize engaging interactions, compelling testimonials, and practical, real-world examples in our course to raise awareness about what it means to be supportive and inclusive of employees with disabilities. The course explores best practices for working with and supervising employees with Physical, Invisible, Mental, and Emotional disabilities as well as neuro-diverse Individuals.
This course is offered in two versions.
- 35 Minutes – Supervisors
- Efficiently explores the best practices for managing and hiring employees with disabilities. It specifically explores best practices for, interviewing, managing, making accommodations, and providing job performance evaluations.
- 25 Minutes – Non-Supervisory Employees
- Helps employees understand ways in which employees of all abilities are made to feel safe, welcomed, supported, and comfortable to be their authentic selves.
This course is developed towards WCAG compliance.
SHIFT developed this course with the goal of making it as accessible as possible to the broadest group of learners. This includes:
- optimizing all screens for use with screen-reader devices
- adding closed captioning
- providing alternative functionality to complex interactions
- providing clear navigation instructions
- including image descriptions where necessary
- Increase knowledge and understanding of different types of disabilities
- Develop a deeper sensibility and awareness of issues facing people with disabilities
- Encourage and empower employees to actively promote a safe and inclusive environment for employees of all abilities