As workplaces become more diverse and we regularly interact with colleagues from an increasing variety of backgrounds, it’s important to be mindful of the important role every person plays in creating an inclusive environment where all employees feel included, supported and valued. SHIFT’s online diversity training course improves the quality of workplace interactions and decisions. Through diversity and inclusion training, employees will be encouraged to become Upstanders. Additionally, our inclusion & diversity course provides practice tools to increase productivity, innovation, and morale. Upstanders help others to recognize their blind spots and take action to support others. Bystanders take no action.
This course is developed towards WCAG compliance.
SHIFT developed this course with the goal of making it as accessible as possible to the broadest group of learners. This includes:
- optimizing all screens for use with screen-reader devices
- adding closed captioning
- providing alternative functionality to complex interactions
- providing clear navigation instructions
- including image descriptions where necessary
- Create work environments where all employees feel included, supported and valued
- Improve the quality of workplace interactions and decisions
- Encourage employees to become “Upstanders” by taking an active role in interrupting bias and stereotyping