When organizations lack cultural competency, the ability to interact effectively with clients and coworkers of different backgrounds is limited. Raising our cultural competency helps us to leave stereotypes and faulty assumptions about other cultures behind.
During this session, SHIFT HR’s Co-Founder and President, Katherin Nukk-Freeman, Esq. and Cadence Bank’s Senior Vice President of Outreach & Emerging Markets Executive, Robert L. Harris, III discuss these critical components of cultural competency:
- What is cultural competency
- Why it is important for organizations to ensure their employees are culturally competent
- What are risks of not building cultural competency
- How do you go about starting a process of building cultural competency in your organization?
- What does building cultural competency look like?